TRAVEL FELLOWSHIP GUIDELINES
INTERNATIONAL STOCKMEN’S EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
In an effort to enhance the educational experiences of college students and strengthen the leaders of tomorrow’s livestock and meat industry, the International Stockmen’s Educational Foundation awards travel fellowships each year for the International Livestock Congress to senior level undergraduates and graduate students attending accredited colleges or universities.
The International Livestock Congress USA, managed through a partnership of the ISEF and the National Western Stock Show™, is a unique global event that brings leaders from the livestock and meat industry together to discuss issues of international importance that affect the future of animal agriculture. Students will participate in the event January 12-16, 2013 in Denver, Colorado. Events will include a student career workshop, the International Livestock Congress USA, and tours of area plants, feedlots and ranches.
Fellowships include airfare, ground transportation, hotel and scheduled meals. Scholastic achievement, leadership experiences and professional references are all part of the stringent qualifying requirements for this fellowship.
- Travel fellowship recipients must participate in all activities of the International Livestock Congress and develop a professional white paper on a relevant topic or issue affecting the livestock and/or meat industries. The topic or issue should relate to something presented or discussed at the ILC-USA 2013.
- These papers must be submitted in English to the student’s department head and a copy forwarded to the ISEF office by February 15, 2013. Papers will be evaluated by the selection committee and the most outstanding paper will be selected for possible publication in the event proceedings.
- Recipients will also be required to make a presentation to a breed association or a similar group in their area about their experiences at the International Livestock Congress.
Click here to review the Application Guidelines Guidelines for Application - 2013 ISEF Travel Fellowship
The application process will be through an online submission process this year. Please read the instructions carefully!
Helpful Hints regarding the online submission process:
- Review the application prior to starting the online submission process.
- Have all of the information that may be helpful to you in completing your application (i.e. resume, professional photo, transcript(s)) ready and accessible; once you begin, you must complete the application (you are not able to save your work and return to the application process).
- You will be able to copy and paste text from other documents (i.e. resume) into the online application.
- You will be required to upload your professional photo at the time of online submission.
- You may either upload your professional photo at the time of online submission.
- You may either upload your transcript(s) at the time of online submission or have them mailed directly to Wendy Woerner, ISEF Student Program Coordinator.
Click here to review the application before beginning the online submission process. Application REVIEW ONLY 2013
Click here to start your application process. Application for 2013 ISEF Travel Fellowship
Click here to submit professional references. Professional Reference Form for 2013 ISEF Travel Fellowship